.

Monday, February 25, 2019

Honor Thy Children Essay

Over each the everyow none Thy Children by Molly Fumia was wide. in that respect were points in this book that just tugged at my heart. For theoretical account when the Nakatanis found out that their middle son Greg was shot and killed. There were also points in this book that I felt if I had been in their position, I would be in a big(p) deal of disoblige and misery and would non know how to work through all that had happened. I thought that Al and Jane were brave p bents to endure the endings of their three sons. This book by far was the some raise non-fiction book I have read. This book would move the heart of any(prenominal) person that read it.The best social function about this book by far is how the parents have persevered throughout all these events that has happened to their family. From the running away of Glen, the murder of their son Greg, the finding out that their sons Glen and qat were gay and their contraction of HIV, and also the death of them. They h ad to have heavy police van after all of this happened, and yet they still go through all the HIV campaigning to show us how dangerous this disease is. A thing I did not like about this book is that thither were very little happy things that happened to this family.I also thought that it was laborious to keep track of the Nakatanis nipperren because all of their names were so similar. If I were to grade this book, I would give it an A++ because this is a very entire book and shows that humans have the will to push through any obstacle. Even though they have gone through all of that immortal did not give them a break and show them mercy. Despite their challenging troubles, they pushed through all the sadness and despair and turned it around to religious service other people not make the same mis gestates as them.This would unquestionably be a book I would recommend to people because in that location are very good life lessons in it. For instance, thither is a limit to strict parenting, choosing your words correctly (Greg), and when faced with the worst of situations there is endlessly something you can do about it. It also demonstrates that when a child is is pain and dying, parents always want to try and help to do whats best for them, even at the expense of their own self. I appreciate this book would be for ages 15 and up because there are things that would be hard to understand for someone of a young age.Also I pure tone that the person reading it should have some respect for gays, lesbians, etc. otherwise reading this book would be pointless. The book and movie were great to say the least. It taught me to accept who you are and that death is not the end. Memories can compact on and teach others how to deal with the loss of your love ones. This book allowed me to take a glimpse into the Nakatanis life and how they dealt with the loss and the grief that followed. Honor Thy Children taught me that no matter what life throws at you there are alwa ys ways to overcome these challenges.The thing I thought was most interesting was Guy will to go out to speak even age confined to a wheelchair. He had the courage to go out in the state he was in and speak. The person I identify most with in this story would be Greg. I identify with Greg the most because he was the middle son, a macho, speak his mind kind of person. The person I would identify least with would be Guy. I identify least with him because if I had gotten HIV and knew I was dying I would probably hate the world and seclude myself and not really try to do anything.This book did not really impact my life because even though it was a great book, it did not really go for that much to my life. I think that, because I have not had something similar happen to me, I have no gay or lesbian friends and I also do not know anyone with a serious disease. I think that the only things that would apply to me would be the Asian/Hawaiian culture, the dealing with the death of a loved one, and parenting. Their culture is exactly like mine because I am Nipponese and I was born and raised in Hawaii. In our culture we are taught to respect your elders and listen to them.I also felt that the Nakatanis dealt with the death of their sons better than I would have. When my brother and grandparents died I had a hard era and at some points I went through a period of low gear that lasted a month in which I did not attend. It made me feel that I should have been a better grandchild and brother because I caused them a lot of trouble. The parenting part got to me because I was lucky that my parents, who were somewhat strict, were not as strict as the Nakatanis. This helped me learn to appreciate my parents more.

No comments:

Post a Comment